Friday, March 28, 2008

Post number 2! What am I doing and what do I want to be doing and Sketches

I've decided since this was my blog I'd keep everyone up to date on all things... scrapping/creativity wise, my personal dating hi jinks (ugh if i ever date again!), and then any other random things that pop into my head...

So i thought as a matter of prosperity I'd let you all know what I'm currently working on. It'll be a fun way to record what I actually get done... I find like a lot of scrapbookers and creative people in general, i have a lot that I'm working on and go back and forth depending on the mood.

So currently on my creativity project list:
  1. Bib's for Joanne's shower (cross-stitching 2... the shower is a month away)
  2. LO for Baby's first year for Joanne (I haven't even started this yet, but it should go pretty quickly once i get started)
  3. Mickey Cross-stitch (HA, this I've had for a number of years,I do it for like 3 weeks straight then put it away for 6 months! I swear I'll finish it!)
  4. Pictures of New Years, My birthday party, Mel's wedding, random girls night in, and Timber are all screaming for pages to be done
  5. Bread, I want to bake some - random I know but still on my list of things to do
  6. A LO of weight loss with 3 pictures from 3 years of st. patty's day.
  7. LO of me and my mom then and now type thing.
  8. Something for my brother's engagement party
  9. The altered tin for my cousin Lyndsey's performance in Rent
  10. I found a great family quote and have some great pictures of me and my cousins to apply to it, but we have to get a group shot at the engagement party.

Just to name a few! Woo, I'm tired just writing it! I need a day off!

And in all of this I had the brilliant idea of doing a heritage album. Or at least doing something with all the great pictures my grandma, and her sisters gave me. I was telling someone else this online (a dating story for another post!) and he gave me great tips on getting marriage certificates and census stuff, so I'm really thinking about planning a timeline and to do list. I'm lucky enough to have my grandma and lots of other older relatives around so I want to take advantage of the great stories and first hand accounts while I can. So I'm not sure it will be a full out family tree type thing as much as going through the pictures with them and getting some great stories and having something my cousins and I can look back at fondly.

Sketches

I love these things... I am finding as a new scrapper, that I'm way better when i work with a sketch and it's mainly because I have no idea about composition/balance etc... I'm hoping as i get better i can rely less on them, but right now i don't really care that most of my stuff is being done with the inspiration of a sketch. Some times it's a replication, sometimes a base but either way things are getting done. I've done 2 layouts in 2 days and boy am I happy! Pictures to follow soon!

Dating in NYC
OK, well we'll just get it out there, I just broke up with my boyfriend of almost a year 2 weeks ago. A really good and overdue move... but still kinda sucky. I'm not ready to date by any means...(still need to lose some of the boyfriend weight) but i thought maybe I'd try talking to guys yesterday. Enter craigslist. I posted an ad for guys to talk to at work...middle of the day no commitment, no strings etc... (also how said ex and i met)

Well as expected got a ton of responses, more than half were creepy but did spend the day chatting with some OK guys. Nothing life altering! But at least a way to make the day go by!

Monday I am going to a Settler's meetup (meetup.com... great place to find groups all over of people who enjoy the same things as you! including scrapbooking!) with an old friend of mine from college. Not really expecting to meet anyone, just figured it gets me out and involved in new things, and I'm learning that meeting people in this city is all about trying new things!

That's it for now... Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

rajah1116 said...

Cute blog! Nicely done! Congrats on the weight loss chicka!