Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14

July 14th will forever be the day that my life changed. 2 years ago I underwent gastric bypass, and have been a completely different person in the time since... not just in looks, but in outlook and behavior. (ok maybe not soo much on the behavior but you get idea!)

I've lost 110 pounds. Even though i go back and forthe between 5 pounds it's not bad in the scheme of things. No one remembers me from 2 years ago, but i do. I remember how horrible i felt and how much i hated to shop or go out. Granted it never stopped me, but i wasn't happy about it. Now i can go into any store i want (well except for 5-7-9, but luckily i'm a little too old to shop there) and get an outfit or a shirt. It's hard pulling myself away from the larger sizes and i forget once in a while that i need the smaller size but for the first time in a long time i'm ok with where my body is. Not to mean that i don't want to look better, but i don't hate what i see now. And I've kept the weight off for a year by myself. Yes the surgery helps but making sure i watch what i eat and try to get some excercise in helps more. This will be the year...

that i lose the last 20 pounds
that i lose my arms and thighs (or at least make them smaller)
that i change where i am on the happiness scale by doing things that make me happy

Now for the shock....

Joanne's Wedding in Sept 2005


Red Hat Convention June 2008


I think the results speak for themselves

No comments: